The Bear may not be visiting the theatre anymore, but you can make your very own polar puppet! Follow the instructions below to find out how…
What you’ll need to make your polar bear puppet:
– Polar bear puppet printable pattern – download here (COMING SOON) – or draw your own like we did!
– White card or paper
– Stick on googly eyes (if you have some)
– Black pom pom (also if you have one to hand)
– Marker pen
– Glue or tape
1. Print the polar bear puppet template or copy and draw the shapes out yourself. You’ll need a ruler and pencil for this. (Don’t worry, the bear can be as big or as small as you like!)
2. Cut out all the puppet pieces.
3. Take the long body piece and fold it along the line. Glue it together to make a flat bottomed arch. This will be your polar bear puppet’s body.
4. Fold the four polar bear legs like you would if you were making a fan and use a marker pen to add detail to the paws.
5. Glue the four legs onto the bottom of the body. Make sure the paws are all facing the same way.
6. Glue the tail onto the back of the polar bear.
7. Add detail to the ears and stick them onto the head of the bear. Now it’s time make your polar bears face, if you have googly eyes and a pom pom for the nose, add them now.
8. Glue the polar bear’s head onto the body at the front. Your polar puppet is now complete!